Thursday, September 21, 2006

Trading Systems Pt II

This post *was* going to be an exploration of the first item on the list -- money management. However, I think I left something off that I should touch on first. Education.

I'm a bookish type. I've read about five investment books cover to cover, and feel like I'm finally beginning to understand a bit more about my horizon of ignorance. Yes, I've been trading too, but it's important to do both. The reality of trading re-enforces the theory, and the theory contributes to your understanding of the trading decisions you make.

I feel constantly frustrated by not having enough time to spend on this, however some time management is required. It would be easy to sink entirely into the world of trading, and possibly to only a little advantage. I will probably always feel like the tools at my disposal (including time) are insufficient to the task.

I believe that the only way to function properly in such a new, complex and bewildering environment is to combine doing, thinking and learning on an ongoing basis.

I will try to return to regular posting soon, and start at the stop of my list. :)

As a final note, I followed up the link sent to me by a reader which might be useful to others also. I have joined his website and will post to this blog if my impressions of the site change, but at first glance it looks genuine and useful. http://www.newsalerts.com.au/

Cheers,
-MP

1 Comments:

Anonymous Becky said...

Hey Tennessee! I haven't visited here for ages, but I see that in that time this has somehow become an investment blog. What happened to the philosophy??

9/23/2006 12:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home