Monday, May 29, 2006

Repurposing this Blog

MelbournePhilosopher

I'm giving serious thought to re-purposing this blog. I have now completed my Diploma of Philosophy, and my involvement with the Australian philosophy scene has become one of contented observer rather than trying to stimulate online involvement with philosophy.

Personally, my interests have swung around more to investing and software development. I'm a programmer by trade, and I'm also currently trying to learn about share trading and building wealth. I still maintain a healthy interest in philosophy, but I no longer feel the need to add content to the blogosphere on the topic.

As such, I am going to convert this blog to an investment blog. It will cover my thoughts on the Australian sharemarket, cover topics as I learn them and as such hopefully provide a learner's view of investment, which will naturally become increasingly sophisticated moving forward.

I will not attempt to cover what I have already learned in order, but my reading list has been:

* Benoit Mandelbrot
* Daryl Guppy
* Much email contact with more experienced friends
* Trading shares the ASX way and other similar books.

I will start with a review of each book I have read, to recap and summarise the salient aspects.

Thanks for all your attention over the years. I have enjoyed being a philosophical blogger and appreciated each and every comment left on this site. Perhaps some of you will also be interested in coming on my journey of investment.

I remain,
-MP

2 Comments:

Anonymous michelle said...

Dear Tenny, I am most sorry to hear about the conversion as I often check up to see what ypu are thinking. Though of course as a Liberterian- I fully respect your right to do as you wish with your own blog!:)

6/03/2006 05:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Alex Barnett said...

congrats on the diploma. I enjoyed the philosophical phase of your blog. Good luck!

6/19/2006 02:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home