Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Misleading information

The bigger the truth, the bigger the lie. Every day, I die a little more. It seems like no matter how cynical I get, there's always something around the corner which suprises me. The linked article is a very small addition to a list of many like it, highlighting the problem of trusting news.

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s1442946.htm

Why do we live in a world so dominated by misleading information? It seems impossible to trust information at all. I feel overwhelmed and lied to, with my natural instinct to care about the world around me savaged by the conflicting desires of others for punchy stories, conservatism and... Oh look, I'm done. It's off my chest. I'm off to get a decent night's sleep, then things won't seem so bad.

Cheers,
-T

1 Comments:

Anonymous Becky said...

I know this is slightly beside the point, but surely there's a body in Australia that you can go to if you think a TV show has presented something unfairly? A favourable decision doesn't tend to repair the damage of the original broadcast, but at least it's something.

9/15/2005 07:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home