Saturday, April 23, 2005

Naturall expressed knowledge

MelbournePhilosopher

What is the relationship between naturally expressed knowledge and logic? I would say folk knowledge is still knowledge. Is one kind "better" than another? If it's 'really' knowledge, must it be logical?

Knowledge is often called justified true beliefs, but even that is sometimes called into question. Myself, I think all we have is beliefs, and that there is no such thing as a fact in the natural standpoint (Arggh I'm being taken over by phenomenologists), but rather facts are a logical construction....

Meh... it's late.

-MP

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill Cooper said...

Knoledge........mmmm...I hate to call folk knowledge 'knowledge' to me knowledge means knowing things that are true and provable otherwise you start to fall into faith. I like your blog.

4/30/2005 08:56:00 PM  
Blogger lemonberry-koolaide said...

Terrific blog. I search the internet everytime I
get a moment to find blogs. Its better than cold iced
tea and I have to visit it one more time!
In my spare time I will look for your cash advance philadelphia
blog.

10/06/2005 12:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home