Saturday, March 05, 2005

Philosophy News Site

MelbournePhilosopher

Today sees the unveiling of a new feature over at our sister site, Melbourne Philosophy. An aggregation of philosophy news, shown as headlines taken from the many and various philosophy blogs around the net, gives an up-to-the-minute snapshot of what the rest of the philosophy blogosphere is writing and thinking.

Sure, anyone could add all these streams to their mail client, but there are a host of problems in doing so, which it has been my pleasure to solve with this new resource. Also, for people unfamiliar with the available content, or perhaps who find the time requirements of seeking out interesting sources of information to be overly taxing on their busy schedule, this news page should provide an at-a-glance summary.

Please leave any comments you might have, and if you would like to flag your blog for inclusion, I'm happy to hear from you. I am especially keen to include more sources from Australia and New Zealand, but quality from the world over is welcome.

Cheers,
-MP

5 Comments:

Blogger Jonah said...

Thanks for putting this together. Sounds very useful and will be time-saving for me I know. If you don't object, I would be grateful if you would include my blog in the updates - Bishop Berkeley, Bacon, & Bird. Thanks again - Jonah

3/07/2005 12:14:00 AM  
Blogger CK said...

Great idea. I've book marked your site to check for updates daily. I'd love if my blog could be included as well.

http://www.arbitrarymarks.blogspot.com

Language Games and Miscellaneous Arbitrary Marks

3/07/2005 05:29:00 AM  
Blogger Hugo Holbling said...

Likewise, I would be grateful if you could include the Studi Galileiani.

3/08/2005 06:31:00 PM  
Blogger Richard said...

Splitting Atoms is a new NZ philosophy group blog.

3/11/2005 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Illusive Mind said...

Don't forget a fellow Melbourne philosopher,

http://illusivemind.blogspot.com

I should be posting on a regular basis once again, probably with a strong theme on meta-ethics and normative ethics for the duration of this semester.

3/14/2005 08:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home