Thursday, February 17, 2005

How Much Change?

MelbournePhilosopher

How much change should one have in ones life? What is the best amount of risk and challenge to undertake in order to be happy? I am considering moving out, just for shake things up a bit. Everyone's advice has been "do whatever makes you happy". Well, if I knew, I would OBVIOUSLY just do it. I can't remember the last time I deliberately made myself unhappy.

Some people promote rapid change, the idea that everything is temporary and the only real constant it ourselves. Others believe in the benefits of rhythm and harmony, regularity and finding a peaceful existence.

Saying that the answer is different for everyone is a cop-out, because that is tantamount to calling it an un-answerable question. So, where should we start?

-MP

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my opinion, change is good if it is purposeful, with the aim of working towards some ideal goal. Change just for the sake of change I think is generally unsatisfying.

2/18/2005 11:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home