Thursday, January 27, 2005

Coffee and Cake

MelbournePhilosopher

I have discovered that with coffee and cake, it is at least sometimes possible to shake off that feeling of impending doom that comes on a slow, stuffy, unexciting Thursday afternoon. I couldn't think of anything to do with philosophy today, so here is a selection of my best thoughts since the last post

* I should start putting some photos into this blog. If philosophy can be art, and the sky is green, then art can be philosophy also.
* People actually like advertising material
* Tsumanis are more effective than armies at giving us a sense of obligation to others
* Coffee and Cake are excellent in combination
* The Labour Party is pathetic, and I don't think I'll ever vote for them again
* Online shopping is still too difficult to do easily. There are no malls.

Tomorrow, my post will be better. I promise.

Cheers,
-MP

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Story of Philosophy" By Bryan Magee illustrates the ideas of the great philosophers with historical art pieces. It works quite magnificently.

1/28/2005 05:15:00 AM  
Blogger Jake said...

MP, I can't seem to find your email address anywhere on the site. Is there a way of contacting you directly?

1/28/2005 01:03:00 PM  
Blogger MelbournePhilosopher said...

Sure, you can write to tennessee@tennessee.id.au. All the comments that get left here are also emailed to me, so you can just leave messages for me here and then others can share in those ideas.

1/28/2005 03:00:00 PM  
Blogger Jake said...

MP,

Hmm, my email seems to be on the fritz. I’ve been keeping track of your blog for sometime now and have recently started up my own. I’m a philosophy student at Melbourne uni, however my blog doesn’t focus so specifically on philosophy as yours does. Mine will also focus on politics, society as well as personal interests such as food and wine. Only got it up and running yesterday but I’m keen to start building it up, so I was wandering if you’d be interested in trading links. Address is http://jake.dialagranny.com
Feel free to delete these comments once they've reached your inbox.

1/28/2005 04:23:00 PM  
Blogger MelbournePhilosopher said...

No worries Jake. If you care about building traffic, you might like to try that blogexplosion link, and also leave something in one of the philosophy carnivals (philosophycarnival.blogspot.com)

Cheers,
-MP

1/29/2005 01:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home