Sunday, September 19, 2004

First Post

First post. I always avoided Blogging, but have decided now that I would like to start a page for writing commentary - political, personal or otherwise - and when I write something particularly useful, passing it on to others.

I realised that my vote is almost meaningless, as I live in an electorate which is overwhelmingly liberal. I realised that entering politics took the kind of effort I just wasn't willing to put it. Is it just me, or is there something wrong with a system with no proper forum for public feedback, and no way to enter it without putting the rest of your life on hold? It seems to me that parliament should be about encouraging political activity in its citizens, not throttling it back. Representative democracy is all very well, but it should not be an exclusive choice between representation and involvement.

So the idea is that here I will post political comments as I see them and philosophical ideas as they occur to me - in short putting down those opinions which I believe are unvoiced by the media, and unrecognised by society. I'm not saying every I idea I have is counter-cultural, but that most of our media outlets are incredibly biased, and that poor thinking dominates both public marketing and political campaigning.

I would like to live in a world that is a little better thought out.

-MP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home